Sunday, December 17, 2006

Joe Mathlete answers some fan mail

Via "Aewryq" (possibly not his real name), someone who found my band's MySpace* page and sent me a note:

"Do you ever think of Brad Anderson reading your blog? I hope he does. I hope it scares the bejesus out of him being called out and all. It saddens me when I think of the checks that talentless hack is cashing for that shitfest of a comic.

Anyway, thumbs up for a job well done."

My response:

"I'd have to guess that if Brad Anderson ever saw my blog, he'd probably be a little irritated (particularly at all the references to his age, senility, and general out-of-touchedness with modern times), but he probably wouldn't care all that much, for reasons you yourself have mentioned-- he still keeps cashing all those checks, for doing something really easy (that he's not even particularly good at) for fifty-plus years, no matter how many detractors he has.

Anyway, as the last piece of new technology Brad Anderson bought was a color television and he thus has no internet access, it's a bit of a moot point. Otherwise he probably would have had me shut down months ago out of spite.

Thanks for the thumbs."

* For the record, I hate MySpace, but if it weren't for MySpace very few people would have heard of my band, and I don't know how to make a real website, so I'm forced to play the game. I should also take this opportunity to state that I hate blogs, too, so noodle that one for awhile.